From our JP Morgan Interns


So after just less than three months, I've got just over a week left at JPM. I really hope my contract gets extended; I've had an incredible time in the corporate world and have really learnt so much. It’s never easy losing a family you learn to love :)

It’s so nice to walk through the offices, people greeting you by name and even making jokes too. I’ve built great relationships with a number of the employees in JPM.

Nomi and I have even been informed of a skill we should acquire… Things that take half an hour should be completed over a period of two days. We are yet to show the guys we can do it, we are just too quick for them.

Once, for lunch, our team went tobogganing. For those who don't know. . . It's like sitting on a speeding skateboard down a winding hill. Not only did I have a great time, but what made my day; was seeing my colleagues have such fun too.

That brings me to the saying "boys will be boys". I've had previous experience working with guys. But it's quite a jump when I go from four male colleagues to about ten! The jokes, the pranks, the conversations, you have got to love being one of two girls in the tech department. Lol. You learn to start playing along, why not have a little fun while doing work?

Computers and technology have really changed our lives. We all sit relatively close to one another, but instead of verbally communicating, we will send an email, or even use instant messaging to ask a simple question. Even to our colleague in the desk right next to us!

Access/security cards are a necessity; you need them on you at all times. If you don’t, they will be taken and stuck on the white board in front of the office with the words "Have you seen this person?” next to it. Yes, that happened to me. And it was only day 3.

It's awesome to be able to independently go to employees and assist with technical problems they are experiencing. I have learnt so many new tricks, and I would like to thank my superiors in helping me get started.

We have learnt a lot working at JPM, yet there is still so much to learn in this forever-growing technological world. I can’t wait to find new tasks to tackle.

I want to thank those involved in giving me this opportunity, not only have I had a great first-time experience in the corporate world so far, but I have also made some great friends.

- Lauren Cloete

On the first day it was nerve wrecking. Come on! Like I have never worked a day in my life, but the people were so nice and very accommodating. They showed us around, told a few jokes and from there onwards it became easy to be around them. Actually, it became really fun to be around them.

The best part is the team outings we had the other day. We went to the cool running’s grounds just opposite work. We had crazy fun and we didn't feel like new starters - not once.

Every day I learn something new about myself and a lot about the work we are training for. I love the office environment a lot. I wouldn't even trade it for chocolate (jokes). I am really enjoying everything that’s going on.

So all in all I love my job.

- Nombulelo Mbazima

CTU Training Solutions

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment